Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Year's!

Happy New Year's!!! I can't believe it is 2007- I don't know where the time goes. This weekend Maddie's Nonnie and Papa visited us- we had a great time! Friday I had to work so I met everyone after I got done at Uno's for a quick bite to eat.



Saturday morning Ben had to work but my parents came out to the house and we went to Z Pizza for lunch- yummy! After that we went back to their hotel room to wait for Ben. After Ben joined us, we went into town and walked around a bit. We walked to the National Christmas Tree- pictured above. It was so nice decorated with all the lights. They also have several trains that run around the base of it. Around the whole tree there are smaller trees from every state decorated with ornaments sent from that state- it was neat to see where all the different ornament came from. Then we walked to Capitol City Brew Pub for a wicked good dinner. After dinner Ben and I went to Ford's Theater to see an awesome production of A Christmas Carol- one of my Christmas presents from Ben! Madelyn stayed with Nonnie and Papa in their hotel room for the night!



Sunday morning (New Year's Eve) Ben had to work again but I went to meet everyone at the hotel. It's amazing how tired we still were even though we didn't have to get up with Maddie in the middle of the night! We walked around the underground mall in Crystal City and found a cool restaraunt/pub to watch some of the Patriots game at. We had reservations for dinner at 5pm so we took the Metro to Dupont Circle where we had an awesome dinner at The Melting Pot- a fondue restaraunt. This was the 2nd time that I've been to The Melting Pot and it still is sooooooo good! Since it was New Year's Eve there was a set menu- the 1st course was a cheese fondue with bread cubes, carrots, celery, cauliflower, and green apples for dippers- the second course was a yummy cesear salad- the 3rd and main course was a coq au vin broth in which we cooked bite size pieces of chicken, filet, marinated steaks and potstickers- Ben and my dad also had lobster tail and shrimp- for dessert there was chocolate fondue of course with strawberries, bananas, cheesecake, pound cake, marshmellows and pinapple- it was soooo good! After dinner we all took the Metro back to the hotel and said our goodbyes... Dad and Donna left early this morning.


Maddie has been pretty fussy the last few days since she is getting her first 2 teeth- she didn't want to sleep last night so she and I cuddled on the couch last night and slept in this morning until almost 9... she didn't even wake up once!!




I hope you all had a great New Year's and hope you all have a healthy and happy 2007!

2 comments:

Boston Pam said...

I love the picture with the New Years Crown! So cute! Happy New Year!

Nonnie said...

Hi Ms. Maddie: Papa and I had such a great time with you and Mommy and Daddy last weekend. We miss you so much. Thank you for staying over with Papa and I at the hotel. We had so much fun and loved loving you. We can not wait to see you soon. Loves, hugs, kisses... Nonnie and Papa