Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday Cole!

I can't believe that our littlest man is 3 years old today!  Just like Maddie, Cole is doing great!  This past year, and really just in the last few months, Cole has made the transition from toddler to little BOY!  He knows his ABCs, can recognize and name most of the letters, can count to 15, and knows his shapes and colors.  He has been attending day care 2 days a week this year and seems to really enjoy being with his teachers and friends there.  He is an awesome big brother to Avery and she just adores him- she beams from ear to ear when she sees him!

Cole has always been our "wild child", if you will.  He learned to walk earlier than any of his siblings and gives his Mommy grey hair any chance he gets.  He is constantly into everything... just yesterday we caught him playing with the motor oil- I have no idea how he even got the cap off but he poured it into the puddle in the driveway... more grey hair!  Cole is becoming very good with his words, and using them instead of hitting his older brother and sister.  I will hear him say "you're making me angry" or "I'M MAD"!  The other thing that Cole does that is super cute is he points his finger at you and shakes it while talking as if he's making a point about whatever he is saying.  

Someone once told me to pay attention to the way that the children entered the world (their actual birth) and see how that compared with their personality as they grow.  So far that has been true with (at least) the boys.  Owen is very laid back, content to watch others, "a man of little words".  Cole, on the other hand, is the total opposite.  He is loud, outspoken, energetic, intense, silly, fun but very loving.  He was born 13 minutes after we arrived at the hospital and he hasn't stopped since!  

For the life of me I couldn't decide on a song for Cole's video.  I almost used "Born to be Wild" but it didn't quite fit the video.  I was looking for an upbeat, fun song since that is what Cole is.  The song I chose "Johnny America" by Five For Fighting has no sentimental value as some of the other songs I've used have had.  It is just a fun, upbeat, kind of random song- just like our Coley!  Cole, you might drive me crazy most days but these traits that you have now are ones that I want you to have as you become older- so I hope you never change.  Happy Birthday Cole!  We love you!


1 comment:

Nonnie said...

Coley what can I say my man.. jsut love you so much.. Loves and hugs Nonnie and Papa