Saturday, February 7, 2009

10 1/2 weeks to go

We are at the 29 1/2 week mark... officially 3/4 of the way there! Besides feeling exhausted all the time, I am feeling pretty good. We are now visiting the OB every 2 weeks instead of monthly.

I had my glucose test a few weeks ago and the doctor said it was good... 129, but I think that is too high. I am convinced this baby is going to be just as big as Madelyn was. Everything about this pregnancy has been exactly the same as with her. Another similarity is the swelling that I'm starting to get and some "elevated" blood pressures.

During our last visit 2 weeks ago, my blood pressure was 130/74... way too high, especially for me who runs about 90-110 systolic. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that I had just gotten the 2 kids ready and dropped off at day care by myself and then raced to the appointment with only a few minutes to spare. I tried to explain that to the doctor who kept asking me if I was having headaches and was too busy filling out lab slips for me. I made the nurse recheck my BP before I left... it had already come down to 120/something... I still haven't had the labs drawn... I've never been such a non-compliant patient before, but I know that my BP was high because of the stress of the morning, not because of anything else. I have another appointment this Monday... hopefully I don't get yelled at too much.

I will try to get more pictures up soon... hopefully tomorrow. Until then, I have 2 sceaming kids to put to bed.

1 comment:

Nonnie said...

Hi Robyn:

YIKES!!!! Wish I could come and take you to a spa, you deserve it. The kids were so cute on the web cam yesterday. Hope you have a good appointment, maybe you could do the blood labs at 2:00 am, only time you have... Give all hugs and kisses and miss all.
Love Nonnie