Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ben's comings and goings

So, I have not personally posted for a long time and I thought now would be a good time to do so and update everyone as to what I have been up to. I have been very busy at Highland Hospital where I spend 80% of my time on the Labor and Delivery floor. Highland Hospital delivers about 3000 babies per year, about 40% of those by c-section. My role there is to help out the residents with their vaginal deliveries while learning how to do c-sections. It has been great, people have been very nice here in Rochester and at the hospital.

For tracking purposes, I have to record all my deliveries, so I thought I would share. From July 14 to October 28:

I have delivered 71 babies.
20 vaginal deliveries
51 c-sections.

The other 20% of my time is spent at Highland Family Medicine which is a residency program like where I went in Fairfax. Here I see "normal" patients who have complaints from back pain to pneumonia to diabetes. It is refreshing at times to do more "basic" stuff.

Congrats to the Bouteneff's!! I have added a link to their blog (on the left). Check out pictures of their baby (really, all you can see is Tara's belly, but I guarentee it will get bigger).

Hope to see everyone at the holidays and/or the SuperSnowBowl!

No comments: